Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Share Joy

So....I didn't quite accomlish my goal of a post every day and I suspect this won't be the only time I miss a day or two but my intentions are good.
I have debated about sharing with you my personal struggle with pain and have decided to at least this once share because someone may see it and relate to it.  I have a chronic pain condition called Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome.  It is crazy how much of my life that this condition influences.  Everything sort of works around it.  I don't promise anything anymore as I am not sure I can be relied upon to either be somewhere on a certain day or to be well enough to complete something I may promise to do by a certain date.  I no longer work as I never know when I may have a day that I can't seem to even get dressed, much less stay up.  Actually up is best as I use a heating pad on my upper back, shoulders and neck pretty much every day.  I do use meds to help, and they do, as well as a trigger point injection when needed. I think that one of the most frustrating things is that one day I feel pretty good so I try to get as much done as I can on that good day because I might be hurting for the next two to three and be able to do very little.  Also, I don't look like there is anything wrong so when I say I can't do somethig or won't do something I get the "look" like I'm just trying to make an excuse for not wanting to do something.  I know this is a common frustration for people with invisible disabilities.  I'm sharing this with you for a couple of reasons. One is that maybe it will help to realize that sometimes people actually have good days and yes we get out of the house and you see us out and about and we look like anyone else in the world but that doesn't mean it's like that every day so please be patient with those who deal with something you don't see.  The other is because it helps explain why I will undoubtedly have missing posts on the way to my goal of posting every day.  Ok, enough of that.
Today was a stormy day with dark skys and thunder. Rain was intermittent and wind was gusty.  It wasn't severe here like in some places so it was just pretty to watch.  Isn't there something exciting about a good old storm in the summer?  Here comes the rumble of thunder.  Hear it getting closer and closer until BOOM  it's right overhead!   Here it is.  hear the rain beating on the roof. Watch the tops of the trees dance in the wind.  Oh it's such a joy.
One more fun thing to share with you. A darling quote I came across somewhere and jotted down in my handy little notebook.
 
"To invent you need a good imagination and a pile of junk."
~Thomas Edison~
 
I love it!  It should be the Junque Queen's motto.  Certainly shows a love of having good junque on hand for one never knows when inspiration will strike, like a bolt from the blue during a summer storm.
Share your joy and what you love with someone today.  I promise the joy will be returned.  Why not try it and see if you don't already practice joy.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment